The purpose of the ACE Women’s Network – New Jersey is outlined in Article II of the organization’s Constitution and Bylaws as follows:
The New Jersey Chapter Board of Directors is responsible for coordinating efforts designed to further the goals of the national organization, and for implementing an institutional representative structure that fosters intra- and inter- institutional networks that forward national as well as regional goals. Further, the purpose of this Board shall be:
- To provide and stimulate leadership among women engaged in teaching and administration in colleges and universities in New Jersey.
- To provide a forum for women to learn networking strategies and develop networks across the State of New Jersey.
- To improve professional recognition for the contributions of women in higher education.
- To encourage women to prepare for and to compete for leadership roles in higher education.
- To identify, develop, advance, and support women in higher education.
- To cooperate with the actions of the American Council on Education-Office of Women in Higher Education (ACE-OWHE) and to help further that organizations goals.